Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I can talk about whatever I want? Really?!

Anyone who knows me, knows what content will go in this blog. Most people would call it boring, stupid, or it's something that only "guys" or "dudes" talk about. However, it's my blog and I don't care if anyone reads it. At least I get to at least put some, if not all of my thoughts out there. The truth is, for me, the majority of topics on here don't seem like a big deal at all, however, I think they are items that have shaped and defined our lives, especially in the last 100 years and for sure in the years to come.

In no particular order, here are those topics:

- Gadgets: I think my fascination with all things electronic started when I stumbled upon "Get Smart" on Nick-at-Nite when I was at least in grade school. They had more wacky gadgets, gizmos, doohickeys and thingamajigs than you could count! So naturally, I wanted my own thingamabobs and oozits and whatzits galore.

Wait...wrong part of childhood.

Moving on. Gadgets have become an integral part of the 21st century techno-craze. iPhones, Netbooks, wireless networks, intelligent washing machines, refrigerators with TVs in them, vacuums that never lose suction, Flat Screen TVs, 7.2 surround sound, HD EVERYTHING, e-ink, operating systems (working and non), digital picture frames, dSLR Cameras...the list goes on and on and on. My point is, without these things in our life...or maybe it's just mine, things would not be quite as entertaining.

- Sports: I will do my absolute BEST to not put anything of or relating to the University of Mississippi's (Ole Miss) Rebels. Whew, now that that's out of the way...

I found out at an early age that not all people are necessarily good at playing sports at a higher level. Which would include me. Thanks God. However, shortly after I learned about my All-American lack of talent, I learned that I could do one thing. Act like a complete fool and yell and scream and be one hell of a fan. Athletics in all forms, yes, even curling, can have its religious moments. A perfect throw, a monster tackle, buzzer beaters, and an impossible shot. Sports stretches the human being to the ends of its possibility, then shocks the world with a new standard. Heros, Idols, and Legends are born from these moments; stories that will be passed down from one family to the next.

However, the fan is the most integral part of sporting today. Without them, they'd just be playing a pickup game.

I lied when I said these weren't in any particular order. I did save the best for last.

- Cars: I'm first going to preface this with the background to the blog url.

I went to grade school at Trinity Episcopal Cathedral in Little Rock, AR. I've always been a big believer in the Trinity as taught by most churches. I took a fond liking to the trinity symbol, or triquetra. Through the years I've always drawn it on notepads or post-its, and there's even a sketch of a tattoo I drew that I keep in my wallet, (for when I get brave and finally decide to get one.) Fast forward to two or three years ago when I was deciding my "dream" goal of the future. I had decided I wanted to open a high-end motor salon that services Ferrari's, Aston-Martins, Lamborghini's, etc., adding turbos, exhaust, custom carbon body kits, and the like.

So there I was with my dream job, but no name. I thought about it for awhile and finally found something that had always found its way into the back of my mind: the Trinity symbol. Hence, Trinity Motorsports was born (in my head at least.) Trinity Engineering is mainly a way to incorporate the Gadgets and Sports into this blog.

Cars have only found their way into my heart and soul fairly recently. I didn't get my car kick until just after I had started college. Since then, well, if it has four wheels and an engine, I like it. Or I'll at least take a look. There is something special in the bond between man and machine. Art in motion. That's kinda what it is for me. To most people, cars are just a means of transportation. I believe that every car has a story to tell and a different way to get you into that story. They're art to me. Rolling sculptures. Feats of engineering.

I still don't see how a two-and-a-half ton machine can go 0-60 mph in less than 4 seconds. That's about as long as it takes for you to read this sentence out loud. Just amazing.



I'll be posting my thoughts on these subjects, and I would kindly ask that everyone comment, debate, discuss, tawlk amongst yaselves, on anything I do or don't say.

Goodnight world.

1 comment:

DietCokeStraightUp said...

HURRAY!??!?!?!? You're on blogger?!?! Now I can follow your blog and be total blog buddies!!

And yes you totally made so many GG's for us...ou are one of the best sewers ever!